Steamtown Marathon Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 10
- 10:00 a.m - “Stay loose” jog (about three miles) with Race Director Bill King. Meet at entrance to Race Expo site (Scranton High School) at 9:55 a.m. Address: 63 Mike Munchak Way, Scranton, PA 18508-2567.
- 11:00 a.m. - Race Expo (packet pick-up) opens.
- 2:00 p.m. - Presentation about course in auditorium of Expo
- 4:30 p.m. - Pasta Party begins at location to be determined.
- 5:30 p.m. - Expo closes.
- 7:30 p.m. - Pasta Party ends.
Sunday, October 11
- 5:30 a.m. - Buses begin boarding in Downtown Scranton from the corner of Spruce Street and Wyoming Avenue. Trip to starting line takes approximately 45 minutes. Buses leave every 5 to 10 minutes. Address: 400 Spruce Street, Scranton, PA 18503-1825.
- 6:45 a.m. - Last bus departs for finish line
- 8:00 a.m. - Marathon starts at Forest City High School. Address: 100 Susquehanna St, Forest City, PA 18421-1355
- 9:00 a.m. - Kids' Race starts at finish line
- 12:30 p.m. - Awards ceremony begins adjacent to finish line.
- 5:30 p.m. - Post Race Party begins at location to be determinede. Enjoy live music by Take 3, the official rock band of the Steamtown Marathon.
- 8:30 p.m. - Post Race Party ends.